Sunday, April 13, 2008

Test

I'm not so sure I want to enter the blogging world. I'm a pretty private person. This is my attempt at considering the future of uploading videos of adorable children and our ever perfect life...or perhaps something a bit more realistic? While I'm sure every grandparent and great grandparent loves to see all those missed birthdays and family vacations, it's the day to day stuff that gives life meaning.

Take today's tantrum as John was hauled out of sacrament meeting as I sat up front interpreting - hoping the box of crackers, orange juice and sticker book could satisfy him through the first speaker. "Mama, HOLD YOU!" was heard until my "perfect" 2 year old was hauled to the other side of the building. He is amazingly cute though.

A return from a week long vacation in the Outer Banks - sure we rented a beautifully large home where every person had there own wing. Did I mention it rained four out of our seven days there? I'm still glad we brought all the bikes. Indoor tennis, indoor swimming and a long game of Settlers is always a vacation.

So while it's tempting to gloat over my high achieving and beautiful family, perhaps I should rename this blog "It was the best of times - it was the worst of times."

Here's to making the best out of today.